Thursday, October 16, 2014

Class 6, Assignment 8


I visited the Journal of Immersive Education website.


And entered the HORIZON tile with the subcategory Human Body, because the other subcategories would not open, saying there is an error.


I played around with the body scale.


I visited the PlayCavas website with Safari but realized mine doesn't work on Safari and had to use Google Chrome.


The first game I played was Going Around, where Ann needs to look for her keys.
I didn't read the directions correctly at first so I tried to move Ann with the arrows, but I found out I can click to my destination and Ann would walk towards there and double click to pick up an object.
This is a link to the game.


Ann is looking for her keys in her housemate's room.
She has 35 minutes left.


The second game I played was Hungry Self Eating Centipede. I move around the centipede with the arrow keys and I try to eat these white lights that blink which gives me points. The purpose of the game is not allowing the head to touch the tail of the centipede.
This is the link to the game.


I actually played the game several times.
It was quite fun.


The last game I played was LittlePlanetBigRocket.
I am an astronaut and I have to find the rocket on a cube with a limited amount of time. I use the arrow keys to find the rocket, there are obstacles and some part of the cube is a maze. If I do not reach the rocket on time, the rocket leaves without me. 


This is a screenshot of my avatar arriving at the rocket with time to spare!



This is a screenshot of the pricing structure.


This is another screenshot of the pricing structure.


Using the free version of PlayCanvas, I made a spinning cube.
This is a screenshot of beginning the starters kit.


Progress along making the spinning cube. I followed the steps from the manual.


Another progress screenshot. The cube isn't moving yet.


I had to change some code using the built in script of PlayCanvas to make the cube spin.


This is a screenshot of the cube spinning. 

This is a link to my spinning cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment